Have fun, get in shape
Zumba, yoga and cycling are just three of the Roth Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando’s fitness classes you can take to get yourself in shape, all while having a great time.
Located in the heart of Maitland at the corner of Maitland Avenue and Maitland Boulevard – and welcoming of all faiths – the Roth JCC is the home to a wonderful fitness center, group exercise studio and personal training program.
Exercise classes are just $10 each, and completely free when you sign up for a JCC membership. Members of the Silver Sneakers program also can take classes for free.
Here is a sample of the group exercise classes the JCC is currently offering:
• Cycling (Sundays, 9:30 a.m.; Mondays, 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 5:30 p.m.; Tuesdays, 6:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m.; Thursdays, 6:15 a.m.; and Fridays, 9:15 a.m.)
• Zumba/Latin Cardio (Mondays, 8:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 7 p.m.; Fridays, 9:15 a.m.)
• Hatha Flow/Beginners Yoga (Mondays, 9:15 a.m.; Tuesdays, 7 p.m.)
• Power Yoga (Wednesdays, 8:15 a.m.; Thursdays, 9:15 a.m. and 7 p.m.; Fridays, 12:15 p.m.)
• Boot Camp (Sundays, 8:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 6:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m.)
• Senior Exercise/Silver Sneakers (Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.)
The full schedule can be found on the JCC web site at orlandojcc.org
Babysitting is available in an area called KidZone on Mondays & Wednesdays (9 a.m.- noon and 6-8 p.m.), Tuesdays & Thursdays (8 a.m.- noon and 6-8 p.m.), Fridays (9 a.m.-noon), and Saturdays & Sundays (8 a.m.- noon). Reservations are recommended to guarantee your child a space.
In addition to the group exercise classes, the JCC also has a beautiful fitness center with cardio and strength equipment, as well as a team of personal trainers ready to help you meet your fitness goals.
If you sign up to become a JCC member, you’ll receive two free hours of personal fitness consultations with one of our personal trainers to help you establish a fitness routine.
If you love pilates, the JCC also offers personal training in a pilates studio, as well mat pilates classes (Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m.; Fridays, 8 a.m.) and a Yogalates class (Tuesdays, 9:15 a.m.).
If you’d like to try out any of the JCC’s fitness programs, you can either come to the JCC for a tour or to participate, or contact Membership Director Katharine Teicher at [email protected] or 407-645-5933, extension 272.
Amy Schwartz is the marketing director of the Roth Jewish Community Center. The JCC welcomes people of all faiths. For more information, visit orlandojcc.org or call 407-645-5933.