The Garden Theatre is bring its first-ever Bluegrass Concert Series to Winter Garden from June 14 through Aug. 3 at the theater (160 W. Plant St.).
The Bluegrass Concert Series is headlined by one of the biggest Bluegrass bands today, Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out. The series also features some of the most well-known nationally touring and local Bluegrass acts, from the mellow, enchanting sounds of The Roys, to the hilarity and energy of the Sweeney Family Band.
For $65, the Bluegrass Pass lets audience members catch every pluck and strum all series long. The pass is valid for one person to attend one concert for each band. Tickets range from $15 to $25 and can be purchased at gardentheatre.org/concerts or at the Box Office at 407-877-4736. Group rates of up to 25 percent off are available by calling 407-877-4736, Ext. 208.
• Ernie Evans & The Florida State Bluegrass Band — Saturday, June 14, 8 p.m. This one-of-a-kind trio featuring rich three-part harmonies bridges the gap between contemporary and traditional Bluegrass styles and is quickly gaining widespread attention across the country. Tickets are $15.
• Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, series headliner — Saturday, June 21, 8 p.m. With more than 50 industry awards including IBMA’s most awarded male vocalist, Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out is one of Bluegrass music’s most recognized and in-demand bands in the genre’s history. Tickets are $25.
• The Roys — Saturday, June 28, 8 p.m. Winner of the past three consecutive ICM Bluegrass Artist of the Year Awards, siblings Lee and Elaine Roy have firmly established themselves as one of the preeminent acts in Bluegrass today. Hailing from Nashville, The Roys bring immaculate harmonies and a progressive instrumental attitude that has enchanted fans around the world. Tickets are $25.
• Chris Henry & The Hardcore Grass Band — Saturday, July 5, 8 p.m. Nominated for Mandolin Player of the Year, Chris Henry has garnered awards and critical acclaim while touring both nationally and internationally. Two-time Entertainer of the Year Barbara Mandrell says Chris is the “best I ever heard.” Enjoy a perfect blend of hard-hitting Bluegrass with nail-biting intensity, leaving audiences riveted to hear and see what happens next. Tickets are $15.
• The Gatorbone Band — Saturday, July 12, 8 p.m. Combine the three-time Florida state mandolin and fiddle champion, Jason Thomas, national flat-picking champion, Gabe Valla, and the amazing singer/songwriter duo, Liz and Lon Williamson, and you have one of Florida’s favorite Bluegrass groups. Tickets are $15.
• Sweeney Family Band: A Country Comedy Show — Saturday, Aug. 2, at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 3, at 2 p.m. Known across the land, The Sweeney Family Band is proud to call Central Florida home. Sing along with Slim and his twin “cuzzins” Skeeter and Buck as they keep everyone in stitches for a knee-slappin’, foot-stompin’ good time. Tickets are $15.