The Auxiliary of Health Central Hospital hosts year-round fundraisers in order to make multiple academic scholarships available to students wishing to pursue careers in the medical field. This year, eight scholarships were awarded for a total of $16,000.
Scholarship recipients were selected based on their academic excellence, in-school activities and service to the community. The following students, their respective high schools and future colleges and medical-career goals are listed here:
West Orange High School
• Briana Singh — University of Florida, health science administration
• Kaveena Autar — UF, biochemistry research
• Harry Monestime — University of Central Florida, oncology or emergency medicine
• Hamza Lahsaini — UCF, pulmonary specialist
• Sabrina Aminmadani — UCF, physician’s assistant
Ocoee High School
• Stephanie DeFreitas — University of South Florida, anesthesiology or surgeon
Dr. Phillips High School
• Umbul Haider — UCF, pediatrician
Maynard Evans High School
• Hong-Nhi Le — UF, pediatric oncology.