Looking for a new home? Want some decorating ideas to update your bedroom or living room? Then be sure to take the 2015 Horizon West Tour of New Homes, taking place this weekend, Feb. 21-22. It is being touted as one of the biggest new-home showcases ever presented in Central Florida.
This year’s event includes 50 model homes in 25 communities, eight of which are celebrating grand openings. Nine homebuilders are participating this year.
The new home showcase is sponsored by the Horizon West Coalition, a group of professionals who actively support the Horizon West area. All of the communities are within Horizon West, which is north of Disney World, south of West Colonial Drive in Winter Garden and west of Windermere.
“Anyone who is looking for a new home or is interested in seeing the latest new home design trends and interiors should circle Feb. 21 and 22,” said Chip Webb, a member of the Horizon West Coalition. “There’s never been an event like this where you can tour more than 50 furnished model homes within a five-mile radius. And with eight communities celebrating grand openings, all the latest designs and features will be showcased.”
The Tour of New Homes will begin with a kickoff celebration at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, at Windermere Sound, located on Overstreet Road.
Webb said many of the builders will have special incentives for buyers during the Tour of New Homes.
“This is the best time to look for a new home in the Horizon West area,” Webb said.
• 4. Summerlake, 8067 Pond Apple Drive — Single-family homes from the $250s. This community among orange groves and spring-fed lakes features amenities like a lakeside clubhouse with fitness center, resort-style swimming pool, walking paths and tennis, basketball and volleyball courts. Floor plans range from 1,796 to 4,276 square feet. KB Home, (407) 614-8994, kbhome.com
• 5. Summerlake, Pond Apple Drive — Single-family homes from the high $200s. Residents of this master-planned community have access to such luxurious amenities as tennis and basketball courts, clubhouse and recreation center, resort-style swimming pool, dog park, walking trails and a zip line. An elementary school is on site. Lennar Homes, (800) 495-4394, LennarOrlando.com.
• 6. Johns Lake Pointe, 564 Egret Place Drive — Single-family homes from $266,990 to $338,990. The community includes an amenity center with pool, fitness center, tennis courts and playground. The energy-efficient homes range in size from 2,000 to 5,107 square feet on large homesites, and the neighborhood is adjacent to Johns Lake and Tucker Ranch’s future 200-acre park and preserve with nature trails, fishing and a canoe launch. Meritage Homes, (407) 545-3951, meritagehomes.com
• 7. Hickory Hammock, 16201 Great Blue Heron Court — Single-family homes from the $280s to $1 million. This gated, master-planned village includes a pool, playground, fishing dock, tennis courts, walking trails and community center. Lake-view homesites are available. M/I Homes, (407) 947-4530, mihomes.com
• 9. Avalon Reserve, 1258 Avalon Road — Single-family homes from the high $200s. This brick-walled enclave of 66 homes is in its final phase and includes a center pond and children’s playground. Seven floor plans range in size from 2,291 to 4,731 square feet. Royal Oak Homes, (407) 614-2802, RoyalOakHomesFL.com
• 10. Independence, 7719 Minutemen Loop — Single-family homes from the high $600s. One home remains in this community that features walking and jogging paths, nature trails, children’s play areas, two clubhouses with several swimming pools, a boat launch and several neighborhood parks, as well as tennis and basketball courts. Taylor Morrison, (407) 905-4651, taylormorrison.com
• 11. Latham Park, Seidel Road — Single-family homes from the high $200s to $800s. Designer-inspired homes on conservation and lakefront homesites come in an array of floor plans and price ranges. The community has a pool and cabana, and homes combine energy-efficient building with a Florida lifestyle. Ashton Woods Homes, (407) 832-2294, ashtonwoods.com
• 12. Lake Hancock Preserve, 8043 Pond Apple Drive — Single-family homes, opening February and March. Ten floor plans range in size from 1,685 to 3,009 square feet, and the community offers such amenities as two parks, picnic tables, tot lot and gazebo. KB Home, (407) 587-3580, kbhome.com
• 13. Independence, 5472 New Independence Parkway — Single-family homes from the $350s, townhomes from the $250s. Independence is a 1,300-acre master-planned community that welcomes residents with a grand entry boulevard highlighted by a 50-foot clock tower and 512-foot reflection pond. Amenities include a clubhouse, swimming pools, sports courts, parks, playgrounds and conservation areas and features frontage on lakes Hancock and Speer. Choose from townhomes, estate homes or executive homes. Lennar Homes, (877) 205-1196, LennarOrlando.com
• 14. Watermark, 9001 Seidel Road— Single-family homes from $229,990 to $475,990. New, energy-efficient homes make up this community, which has a clubhouse with a viewing deck, pool, interactive splash pad, fitness center, tennis courts, amphitheater and playground. Meritage Homes, (321) 418-3466, meritagehomes.com
• 15. Summerlake Groves, 15521 Murcott Blossom Blvd. — Single-family homes and townhomes from the $260s. Golfers can appreciate this community, which backs up to the renowned Orange County National Golf Course and Lodge. Residents can enjoy golf course and wetland views and amenities such as a pool, cabana, playground, dog park and tennis courts. Neotraditional, Craftsman-inspired plans have either front- or rear-loading garages. M/I Homes, (407) 947-4530, mihomes.com
• 16. Lakeview Pointe, Lake Hancock Road and Seidel Road — Single-family homes and townhomes from the $200s. A grand opening will introduce this community with a pool, clubhouse and passive park. Lake-view homesites will be available. For information and details, register at pulte.com/lakeviewpointe. Pulte Homes, (888) 817-2219, pulte.com
• 17. Black Lake Preserve, SunRidge Boulevard — Single-family homes from the $300s. Choose from among seven home designs, which include numerous standard features that other builders consider upgrades: posh master suites, luxurious baths and spacious open kitchens with granite countertops and raised-panel cabinetry. Living areas are designed with views of the water or lush conservation areas. The privacy-gated community has 91 oversized homesites, a tot lot and recreation area. Elementary- and middle school-aged children can walk to school. Royal Oak Homes, (407) 614-2802, RoyalOakHomesFL.com
• 18. Overlook at Hamlin, 7719 Minutemen Loop — Single-family homes from the $270s to over $1 million. This 640-acre waterfront neighborhood is inspired by Old Florida and allows residents to enjoy miles of trails and boardwalks, dock their boat at the planned town center or relax on their front porch. Community amenities include a waterfront amphitheater, resort-style pool, clubhouse and pavilion, barbecue area and tables, splash park, sports lawn, fire pit and playground. Taylor Morrison, (407) 905-4651, taylormorrison.com
• 19. Independence Estates, 14868 Lake Speer Drive — Single-family homes from the mid-$600s to $1 million. Only two lakefront estates are left in this community, which boasts a pool, clubhouse, playground and walking trails. Lakefront estates offer optional boat docks on Lake Speer. Ashton Woods Homes, (352) 406-5438, ashtonwoods.com
• 21. Alexander Ridge Estates, 2016 Curia Road — Single-family homes from the high $200s. Spacious one- and two-bedroom homes feature open floor plans and covered porches and patios; the community includes a swimming pool, tot lot and sports field. Lennar Homes, (866) 203-6359, LennarOrlando.com
• 23. The Cove at Hamlin, 5717Hamlin Groves Trail — Single-family homes from the $260s. Old Florida meets modern convenience in this 640-acre waterfront community, where residents can stroll or bike along miles of trails and boardwalks, dock their boat at the planned town center or relax on their front porch. Floor plans range from 2,753 to 4,882 square feet, and there are three new Urban Cottage models ranging in size from 1,938 to 2,444 square feet. Community amenities include a waterfront amphitheater, walking trails, resort-style pool, clubhouse and pavilion, barbecue area and tables, splash park, sports lawn, fire pit and playground. Taylor Morrison, (407) 905-4651, taylormorrison.com
• 25. Orchard Park, Tiny Road and Tilden Road — Single-family homes from the $300s. A tot lot, pool, cabana, softball field, open play area and dog park are among the community amenities. Floor plans range in size from 2,127 to 4,276 square feet. KB Home, (407) 587-3580, kbhome.com
• 28. The Reserve at Carriage Pointe, 2006 Sandy Garden Lane — Single-family homes from the low $300s. This private, gated community of approximately 90 homesites features eight one- and two-story floor plans, all of which feature large gourmet kitchens with GE gas appliances and luxurious owner’s suites. Homes range in size from 1,965 to 4,010 square feet. Amenities include a community playground. Taylor Morrison, (407) 905-4651, taylormorrison.com
• 2. Casabella at Windermere, 4326 Isabella Circle — Single-family homes from the $800s to more than $1 million. This gated community features 79 homes from 4,400 to more than 6,900 square feet. There are six home designs, including the 5,349-square-foot Villa Milano, with two stories, five bedrooms, five full and two half-baths, a two-story foyer and expansive lanai with pool and cabana bath. Toll Brothers, (407) 656-3200, CasabellaAtWindermere.com
• 3. Ashlin Park, 7436 Winter Garden Vineland Road — Single-family homes from the high $200 to $600s, townhomes from the mid-$200s. This new community will offer a mix of homes, including single-family homes with front-load or alley-load garages, as well as townhomes. Amenities will include a clubhouse and pool and conservation areas. Ashton Woods Homes, (407) 335-0417, ashtonwoods.com
• 20. Vineyard Square, 13701 Beringer St. — Townhomes from the $220s, single-family homes from the $320s. Three floor plans offer townhomes from 1,913 to 2,113 square feet. Amenities include a tot lot, passive park, pool and cabana. A few single-family homes are left, as well. KB Home, (407) 217-6968, kbhome.com
• 22. Windermere Trails, 11835 Gold Creek Trail — Single-family homes from $324,990 to $419,990. Some of these home designs encompass nearly 5,000 square feet and up to eight bedrooms. There are also enormous game and media rooms and outdoor living spaces in these energy-efficient homes. A dog park, playground and pool are located in the neighborhood. Meritage Homes, (321) 732-7177, meritagehomes.com
• 24. Peachtree Park, 8796 Peachtree Park Court — Single-family homes from the high $200s to $600s. Twenty-eight Key West-inspired homes are surrounded by a private conservation area. Houses range in size from 2,104 to 3,315 square feet and feature unique architecture and paver driveways. Inside, residents can enjoy granite countertops, smooth-finish walls and ceilings and fine detailing. Personalization options are also offered. Ashton Woods Homes, (407) 230-2323, ashtonwoods.com
• 26. Windermere Sound, Penkridge Lane — Single-family homes from the mid-$200s, townhomes from the low $200s. This master-planned community includes such amenities as a swimming pool, cabana, tot lot and tennis and basketball courts. Lennar Homes, (877) 204-9942, LennarOrlando.com
• 27. Enclave at Windermere Landing, 11536 Chase Road — Single-family homes from $388,990 to $592,990. Energy-efficient homes range in size from 2,180 to 5,031 square feet. A park and pond are onsite, and the community is close to shopping, schools, medical facilities and employment centers. Meritage Homes, (321) 418-3521, meritagehomes.com
• 1. Royal Cypress Preserve, 10312 Royal Island Court — Single-family homes from the $400s. The new luxury-home community features resort-style amenities and low-maintenance living in one- and two-story home designs ranging from 2,700 to more than 4,000 square feet. Each home includes spacious living areas, gourmet kitchens and hundreds of personalization options. Model homes include Robellini Tuscan and Massiano Spanish Colonial. Toll Brothers, (407) 217-7777, RoyalCypressPreserve.com
• 8. Royal Estates, 9412 Royal Estates Blvd. — Single-family homes from the mid-$300s. Open floor plans, gourmet kitchens, three-car garages, optional barrel-tile roofs and unique features such as coffered ceilings, planning centers, drop zones and zero-corner sliding glass doors are among the offerings in t his energy-efficient, estate-style homes. Water- and privacy-view homesites are available. Community amenities include a waterfront pool and cabana. Pulte Homes, (888) 284-5854, pulte.com