In Olympia’s 3-0 sweep over Wekiva on the volleyball court Thursday, Oct. 3, the Titans were led by a nine-kill, three-block night from junior middle blocker Charlize Wittholz.
1. It was a big day for The First Academy girls golf team as the Royals snagged a first-place finish at the Qdoba Burrito Challenge at Providence Golf Club Friday, Oct. 4. Overall, the Royals shot a team-total 285 — five strokes clear of Lake Mary — and were led by a 2-3-4 finish by Cissy Yang (69), Ariel Yu (70) and Teresa Zhuang (70). Annie Zhang would finish seventh overall with a 72.
2. In Olympia’s 3-0 sweep over Wekiva on the volleyball court Thursday, Oct. 3, the Titans were led by a nine-kill, three-block night from junior middle blocker Charlize Wittholz. The Titans also had solid production from senior setter Emma McElveen — who racked up four serving aces, two kills and 20 assists — and senior outside hitter Alexis Urban (six kills, three digs). The win moved the Titans to 13-6 on the season.
3. In a battle of rivals, Windermere came out on top in its 3-0 win over West Orange in volleyball Thursday, Oct. 3. Despite the loss for West Orange, the Warriors saw productive nights from sophomore outside hitter Cambrie Riffe (10 kills, 12 digs) and junior setter Regan Washington (three kills, 11 digs, 23 assists). Junior libero Tristan Tucci would also tack on 15 digs.
4. Though the Foundation Academy swim team fell in a 113-50 loss to Edgewater Wednesday, Oct. 2, the Lions still swam away with a few first-place finishes. As a team, the Lions won the the 200 medley relay (featuring Eliana Bosque, Emma Sundermeyer, Hannah Herbert and Katie Hoenstine). Individually, Sundermeyer finished the afternoon with wins in the 100 butterfly and 100 breastroke, while Hoenstine won the 200 IM and 100 backstroke. Bosque took home first in the 500 free.
5. Despite falling 146-153 to Circle Christian in boys golf Tuesday, Oct. 1, at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club (par-35), Windermere Prep stayed in the match thanks to Hiroshi Tai, who shot a 36 on the day.