Among the remodeling highlights is the 16-foot pickup tower, a vending machine of sorts that allows customers to pick up their online orders quickly and efficiently.
Just in time for the holidays, the Walmart in Ocoee debuted both a new look and a pickup tower to assist customers with getting their online orders.
On Friday, Nov. 15, Walmart debuted the 16-foot pickup tower, a high-tech vending machine capable of fulfilling an online order in less than a minute once the customer arrives at the store. Customers simply visit the pickup tower and scan the barcode sent to their smartphone to retrieve their orders. According to a press release, the Ocoee Walmart is one of 36 stores in Florida to add a pickup tower this year in Florida.
“We’re heading in to the busiest time of year in our stores, and we’ve made it easier than ever for customers to shop with us whether it’s in store or on Walmart.com,” said Chuck Tullis, store manager of the Ocoee Walmart, in the release. “Our remodel has made it faster and more convenient to shop with us in-store thanks, in part, to the introduction of a pickup tower, giving customers a whole new way to shop with us this holiday season.”
Other highlights of the store remodel include the following:
- State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays
- A centralized customer support area for assistance in automotive, hardware and sporting goods
- Modernized grocery layout with a focus on fresh produce
- New deli offerings
- Brighter, refreshed bakery and deli departments
- Refreshed apparel department with new fixtures and new fitting room
- Addition of Mother’s Room for customer convenience
- New signage, LED lighting and flooring throughout the entire store
- Refreshed interior and exterior, including painting and signage