School Board members voted unanimously to adopt the proposed 2019-20 Orange County Public Schools budget and supporting millage rates.
Orange County Public Schools' 2019-20 budget, along with the millage rates to support it, has been approved.
During the School Board meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 10, board members unanimously voted to approve a total millage rate of 7.109, as well as the corresponding budget.
Funds allocated for the 2019-20 fiscal year are as follows:
- 2019-20 Budget for the General Fund: $2,231,730,988
- 2019-20 Budget for the Special Revenue Fund: $170,188,462
- 2019-20 Budget for the Debt Service Fund: $227,833,851
- 2019-20 Budget for the Capital Projects Fund: $1,984,059,685
- 2019-20 Budget for the Internal Service Fund: $348,801,859
Millage rates are the tax rates used to calculate local property taxes, and rates represent the amount per every $1,000 of a property's assessed value. The 2018-19 millage rate was 7.299, while this year's is 7.109. The millage rates approved for the 2019-20 fiscal year are as follows:
- Required Local Effort: 3.861
- Basic Discretionary: .748
- Additional Voted: 1.000
- Capital Improvement:1.500
- Total: 7.109
To access OCPS' 2019-20 adopted budget, click here.