Windermere Prep’s Micah Kurtz — who serves as the school’s strength, conditioning and athletic development coach — was named Region 1 Coach of the Year by the National High School Strength Coaches Association last week.
1. In Windermere boys basketball’s heartbreaking 62-59 loss at the hands of Orlando Christian Prep at the Showdown in O-Town Saturday, Jan. 9, point guard Trey Moss had a solid showing. The senior racked up 21 points — on seven three-pointers — for the Wolverines. Teammate Kanye Jones added 18 points, while Jalen Debose recorded 13 points. In the game, the Wolverines knocked down 14 shots from deep.
2. In CFCA boys basketball’s 69-58 win over The Master’s Academy Friday, Jan. 8, Imanuel Zorgvol led the way for the Eagles. The senior big man went off for 23 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks in the win. The win moved the Eagles to 8-4 on the season.
3. Windermere Prep’s Micah Kurtz — who serves as the school’s strength, conditioning and athletic development coach — was named Region 1 Coach of the Year by the National High School Strength Coaches Association last week. The award is given annually by the organization — one to each of the organization’s eight regions — in recognition of coaching achievements and passion for their profession.
4. A big night from Windermere girls soccer’s Miya Skretteberg helped push the Wolverines to a dominating 8-1 win over Wekiva Wednesday, Jan. 6. In the match, Skretteberg exploded for five goals to push the Wolverines to their fourth win of the season. The Wolverines followed up that game with a 7-0 win over Olympia the following day.
5. Foundation Academy’s Samantha Wall was a scoring machine during the Lions girls soccer team’s 5-0 win over Oak Ridge Tuesday, Jan. 5. The sophomore picked up a whopping five goals in the win for the Lions. Teammate Madison Krause snagged one goal, while seventh-grader Alyvia Clark recorded three assists.