Windermere High basketball’s Trey Moss continues an outstanding senior season as he picked up a team-high 32 points in a 71-45 win over Ocoee Thursday, Jan. 14.
1. The Foundation boys basketball team had an absolute barn-burner in their 100-96, double-overtime victory over Seven Rivers Christian Saturday, Jan. 16. Leading the way for the Lions (5-5) was a double-double for freshman Jacob Crain, who exploded for 29 points on 14-of-21 shooting (67%) and 14 rebounds — both of which led the team. Teammates Jacob Osborne and Grayson Bishop each added 16 and 15 points, respectively.
2. CFCA’s Nick Rodriguez helped lead the Eagles boys basketball team to an 84-72 win over Calvary Christian (Clearwater) Friday, Jan. 15. The junior combo guard recorded a double-double by scoring 14 points while dishing out 12 assists. The Eagles (10-4) followed the win with a 73-46 victory over Oviedo during which Ta’Veon Jones and Jamar Houston scored 14 and 12 points, respectively.
3. The West Orange High and Foundation Academy competitive cheerleading teams had a successful night at the Third Annual West Orange Classic Friday, Jan. 15. The Warriors took home first place in the large all-girls division, while the Lions won first in medium non-tumbling division.
4. Windermere High basketball’s Trey Moss continues an outstanding senior season as he picked up a team-high 32 points in a 71-45 win over Ocoee Thursday, Jan. 14. Teammate Kanye Jones also added 20 points for the Wolverines (11-4) in the victory.
5. The Windermere Prep girls weightlifting team dominated in their meet against Lake Mary Prep — winning in a 55-17 blowout. Leading the way for the Lakers was Natalie Work, who had a meet high of 260 total pounds and broke her own school record in the clean and jerk with a 145-pound lift.
The Observer has invested in new technology, so you can enjoy a more personalized online experience. By creating a user profile on OrangeObserver.com, you can manage settings, customize content, enter contests and more, all while continuing to enjoy all the local news you care about — Click Here it's FREE.