TFA alumnus Ben DeLuzio and current Reno Aces outfielder recently was named MiLB’s Triple-A West Player of the Week
1. The University of West Florida baseball team’s season came to an end Sunday, May 30, but Ocoee High alumnus Ryan Brewer had a stellar year for the Argonauts. The redshirt junior finished with a 6-3 record, and recorded 46 strikeouts and a 4.24 ERA through 63.2 innings pitched.
2. Dr. Phillips alumnus Kyle Marman made a strong impression in his season debut for the Akron RubberDucks — the Double A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians — in a 7-6 win over the Binghamton Rumble Ponies Friday, May 28. Through two innings of work, Marman threw for two strikeouts and gave up no runs in route to his first win of the season. It was Marman’s first win since the 2019, because the 2020 Minor League season was canceled.
3. Despite the University of Michigan softball season coming to an end in the super regionals against Washington, West Orange High alumna Lexie Blair finished the season as the Wolverines’ best hitter. She finished with a batting average of .406 while recording 25 RBIs and six home runs.
4. TFA alumnus Ben DeLuzio and current Reno Aces outfielder recently was named MiLB’s Triple-A West Player of the Week, thanks to his solid outing so far for the Arizona Diamondbacks’ affiliate. So far this season, DeLuzio has a scorching stat line of .379/.419/1.316 (AVG/OBP/OPS) while recording two homers and nine RBIs.
5. Winter Garden native and West Orange High alumnus Austin Gomber had his best MLB outing in the Colorado Rockies’ 3-2 win over the New York Mets Monday, May 24. In the win, Gomber went a career-long eight innings while recording eight strikeouts and giving up only two runs. This season, Gomber has a record of 3-5, with a 4.55 ERA, 60 strikeouts and a 1.20 WHIP through 57.1 innings pitched.