The Dr. Phillips Juniors All-Stars brought home the Section 5 championship on Saturday, July 13.
1. The first official day of practice for Windermere Prep’s football and girls volleyball programs will be held for interested students on Monday, July 29. For more information about registering a student, go to http://bit.ly/2ObYyNs.
2. Registration for Dr. Phillips Little League baseball and softball is now open for those interested in signing up their children to play. For information visit the league’s website (dpll.org) or email the league at [email protected].
3. The Windermere High School dance team had a successful showing at the UDA Camp in St. Augustine on Friday, July 12. The team brought home a whopping 70 superior ribbons, while the JV team snagged second place in home routine and the varsity grabbed first place in the same event — both squad’s success sealed up a spot in the dance team nationals in January. The dance team had two dancers earn a “pin it forward” and two finished runner up for Drill Down Queen. Windermere also took home a superior trophy and most Drill Down Awards received trophy. Last, but not least, six dancers on both the JV and varsity teams earned the title of “All-American dancer.”
4. The Dr. Phillips Juniors All-Stars brought home the Section 5 championship on Saturday, July 13. Up next for the All-Stars is the State tournament, which will be held at Mitchell Ellington Park in Merritt Island from July 19-21.
5. Dr. Phillips point guard Chris Wright had a stellar weekend with the Heart n Hustle at the AAU Super Showcase. The senior guard stormed through the showcase averaging 12 points, five assists, six rebounds and two steals per game.