Hoyle Pounds and M.Y. McMillan operated a garage in this West Plant Street building beginning in 1922. Model T Fords were assembled and sold at the rate of 1 a day for $500. Pounds eventually bought out McMillan and moved the business to a two-story structure he constructed in 1926; it still stands at the southeast corner of Plant and Lakeview Avenue. Jerry Chicone Sr. subsequently purchased the little building in the photograph. Two businesses occupy the space in this scene set in 1965 — Ruby Adams’ Plant Street Restaurant and the Mode O’Day Frock Shop, owned by Eva A. Wilson. At one time, a skating rink was established in here. The hardware store partly shown at far right was The Bray Hardware, but by the time this picture was snapped, it was being run by Arthur Goff; Bray later moved east to where Sweet Traditions stands now. Today, the site in the photo is fronted by Urban Flats, a landscaped path leading to more new businesses and Axum Coffee. The Winter Garden Heritage Foundation houses thousands of photos of businesses in downtown Winter Garden.