Mayors' memories video
Winter Park Mayor Kenneth W. Bradley was recently inducted into the University of Central Florida College of Business Administration Hall of Fame. He graduated from UCF in 1985 with a master’s in business administration. The induction ceremony was held Feb. 6 at the 15th annual Business Hall of Fame Awards Banquet at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel.
Mayor Bradley has been serving the Central Florida area for decades. With 28 years of Central Florida healthcare experience, he also serves as the Campus CEO of Winter Park Memorial Hospital and has acted as Campus CEO (and COO) of Florida Hospital Kissimmee and COO of Florida Hospital’s Celebration Health. Bradley is a member of the Winter Park Public Library Board and the Wells Fargo Central Florida Community Bank Board. He has received numerous awards within the community, including the Orlando Business Journal’s “Central Florida’s Most Influential Businessmen” award in 2010, and the 2011 Crystal Angel award from Adventist Health System.
The UCF Business Hall of Fame consists of 64 members who have made significant strides in their careers, business and communities they serve. Each member has made a substantial impact on the UCF community by improving the institution’s reputation by their success, professionalism and service to our community.
Feb. 24 City Commission meeting
There will be a City Commission meeting Monday, Feb. 24, at 3:30 p.m. in City Hall Commission Chambers located at 401 S. Park Ave. For the most up-to-date agenda, please visit cityofwinterpark.org under What’s New. Below are a few topics of interest:
• Approve the minutes of 2/10/14.
• Approve various contracts (for a complete listing, please visit cityofwinterpark.org/ccpackets).
• Authorize the mayor to execute the Interlocal Agreement between the city and the city of Gainesville d/b/a Gainesville Regional Utilities.
Action Items Requiring Discussion
• Approval of ULI Technical Assistance Panel scope and funding for the U.S. Highway 17-92 corridor.
• Opportunity for a minor league baseball stadium in Winter Park.
• City assistance with gravity sewer relocation to accommodate the Capen House at the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens location.
• Appointment of Canvassing Board for the Tuesday, March 11, election.
• Cancel or reschedule the Monday, May 26, City Commission meeting due to the Memorial Day holiday.
• Resolution – Final resolution declaring that the city is to fund capital improvements to underground electric/CATV (BHN) along Seminole Drive; to be partially paid by special assessments levied against real property specifically benefitted by said improvements and confirming the special assessments.
• Resolution – Designating 1873 Glencoe Road as a historic resource on the Winter Park Register of Historic Places.
• Request of the city of Winter Park:
o Second reading of the ordinance amending Chapter 58 “Land Development Code” creating a non-compete window of 30 days before or after the city’s annual spring and fall art festivals (relating to non-residential zoning districts and the conditions required for a special event).
• First reading of the ordinance authorizing the issuance of Electric Revenue Bonds to finance its outstanding electric revenue bonds.
• Request of English and Swoope Investment, LLC, and Village Park Senior Housing Partners, Ltd., to amend the conditional use and development agreement for the Village Park Senior Housing project at 550 N. Denning Drive, to add the property at 796 W. Swoope Ave., to the project; permitting an increase in density from 105 to 108 apartments.
• Request of the city of Winter Park:
o First reading of the ordinance amending certain provisions of Article IV, Sign Regulations to provide more specificity and to add clarity; and amending Section 1-24, Schedule of Violations and Penalties relating to signs.
You can find the City Commission’s full agenda on the home page of cityofwinterpark.org under What’s New.
Remember, if you are unable to attend the City Commission meetings, you can watch them live, gavel-to-gavel as they happen. During the meeting, simply log on to the city’s official website at cityofwinterpark.org and click on Government > Live Video Broadcasts to easily stay tuned-in to official city business.
Mayors’ memories video
The Communications Department has been partnering with Full Sail University’s SPARK program to produce videos featuring unique aspects of the city. Their latest creation is a walk down memory lane with the city’s present and past mayors. To view this latest video, “Through the Eyes of Our Mayors,” please visit cityofwinterpark.org/videos and select Mayors’ Memories.
Electric undergrounding maps
The city has posted a series of maps from Fiscal Year 2013 to 2023 to visually show when the various areas of the city are scheduled for electric undergrounding. These maps are subject to change, however, can be used as an approximate indication of where you are in the city’s long-term undergrounding plan. If you are curious about when undergrounding is planned for your street, please visit cityofwinterpark.org/electricmaps. If you have additional questions, please call 407-599-3400.
Irrigating twice a week
Sunday, March 9, through Sunday, Nov. 2
Tuesday & Friday: Irrigation permitted for non-residential properties
Wednesday & Saturday: Irrigation permitted for odd/non-numbered addresses
Thursday & Sunday: Irrigation permitted for even-numbered addresses
Before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
Water only when needed, no more than 3⁄4-inch per zone, or no more than one hour per zone.
Visit the city’s official website at cityofwinterpark.org, find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, watch us on Vimeo.