State of the City Address
Feb. 13 City Commission meeting
There will be a City Commission meeting Monday, Feb. 13, at 3:30 p.m. in City Hall Commission Chambers located at 401 S. Park Ave. For the most up-to-date agenda, please visit cityofwinterpark.org under What’s New. Below are a few topics of interest:
• Proclamation – 2017 General and Referendum Election
• Approve the minutes for Jan. 23, 2017.
• Approve contracts and solicitations (for a complete list, please visit cityofwinterpark.org/ccpackets).
• Approve the renewal of a SWAT Mutual Aid Agreement between the Winter Park, Apopka, Maitland, Winter Garden and Ocoee police departments.
Action Items Requiring Discussion
• Cady Way pool potential programming and improvements
• West Fairbanks Façade Matching Grant Program
• Canvassing Board for the Tuesday, March 14, 2017, election
• Vertical zoning and application to specific streets
• Requests of Winter Park Real Estate Advisors Inc.:
— Second reading of the ordinance to amend the “Comprehensive Plan” Future Land Use Map to change from Single Family Residential to Medium Density Residential on the 11 feet to the east of 326 Hannibal Square East, and to change from Central Business District to Medium Density Residential on the property at 354 Hannibal Square East, and from Single Family Residential to Low Density Residential on the properties at 463 and 455 W. Lyman Ave.
— Second reading of the ordinance to amend the Official Zoning Map to change from single Family Residential (R-1A) District to Medium Density Multiple Family Residential (R-3) District zoning on the 11 feet of property to the east of 326 Hannibal Square East, and to change from Commercial (C-2) District zoning to Medium Density Multiple Family Residential (R-3) District zoning on the property at 354 Hannibal Square East, and from Single Family Residential (R-1A) District zoning to Low Density Residential (R-2) District zoning on the properties at 463 and 455 W. Lyman Ave.
• Request of Z Properties Group: Subdivision or lot split approval to divide the property at 200 Oakwood Way, into two, single-family building lots. Tabled on Nov. 28, 2016.
• First reading of the ordinance vacating and abandoning utility easements in Blocks A-H and L, M, O & P and portion abutting Lots 1-6 and Lots 16-20, Block K of Home Acres Subdivision.
• First reading of the ordinance establishing the Golf Course Advisory Board and reducing the members on the Public Art Advisory Board.
• First reading of the ordinance amending Chapter 102-182, City Code with respect to penalties for unauthorized discharges into waterways and other violations of Chapter 102, City Code of Ordinances; providing for fines as provided in the city’s fee schedule; providing for enforcement via the Code Compliance Board for repeated or continuous violations.
Remember, if you are unable to attend City Commission meetings, you can watch them live, gavel-to-gavel as they happen. During the meeting, simply log on to cityofwinterpark.org/cclive to easily stay tuned-in to official city business.
Starting the week of Feb. 6, the Water & Wastewater Utilities Department began working on Denning Drive between Comstock and New England avenues. Within the boundaries of this project, it will require the closure of the two middle lanes of Denning with traffic rerouted to the outer two lanes for approximately three weeks. This project is a part of the city’s routine sewer lining efforts.
State of the City Address
In partnership with the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Winter Park Mayor Steve Leary will deliver his annual State of the City Address on Friday, Feb. 17, at The Alfond Inn. The event is sold out, however, beginning at 12:20 p.m., you can watch the event live from the comforts of your home or office by viewing the live stream at:
City’s official website: cityofwinterpark.org/stateofthecity
City’s official Facebook page: cityofwinterpark.org/facebook
Orange TV – Your Government in Action
o Spectrum (formerly BrightHouse) Channel 488
o Comcast Channel 9
o ATT U-verse Channel 99
o CenturyLink Prism TV Channel 1081
o Over The Air (digital antenna) Channel 29.2
Thank you to Orange County government’s “Orange TV – Your Government in Action” for providing the live feed that allows us to share this video online.
Keep Fido on a leash
According to the city’s Code of Ordinances, Chapter 18 Section 18-45, dogs must be leashed at all times, unless you are visiting the off-leash area at Lake Baldwin Park or have approval for events where dogs are engaging in competitions, training, or performances which require dogs to be off leash.
As a reminder, with exception to animals employed by any government agency and those aiding sight-impaired persons, all dogs and cats are prohibited in Central Park, within playground areas for children, and in any street or right of way adjacent to Central Park during the three days of the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival. Fido and his friends are welcomed to play in designated areas at Lake Baldwin Park and posted areas of Mead Botanical Garden. As much as we all love our four-legged friends, please be courteous to those around you and keep your dogs leashed. Also, during your walks, please be kind and pick up anything that is left behind by your fur-ever friend.
For more information regarding the city of Winter Park, please visit the city’s official website at cityofwinterpark.org. Like, follow and watch us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and YouTube.