Early voting continues through Sunday, March 13
Vote early at Maitland Community Park through Sunday, March 13. Residents can cast ballots at that location between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Maitland voters: polling places March 15 election
The General Municipal Election of the city of Maitland will be held on Tuesday, March 15, for the purpose of electing a City Council member (Seat #1). Maitland’s Municipal Election will be held in conjunction with the Orange County Presidential Preference Primary Election. The polling places utilized for this election will be:
• Precinct No. 512: Lake Island Park, 450 Harper St., Winter Park
• Precinct No. 513: King of Kings Lutheran Church, 1101 Wymore Road, Maitland
• Precinct No. 514: Asbury United Methodist Church, 220 W. Horatio Ave., Maitland
• Precinct No. 515: First Baptist Church of Maitland, 1950 Mohican Trail, Maitland
• Precinct No. 518: First Baptist Church of Winter Park, 1021 N. New York Ave., Winter Park
• Precincts No. 546 & 547: Shrine Auditorium of Orlando, 2300 Pembrook Drive, Orlando
Please check your precinct number for location. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 15.
Citywide hydrant testing continues through end of May
Last week, the Maitland Fire Rescue Department began its annual citywide hydrant testing. The project is expected to be completed by the end of May.
If you experience “brown” water during this time, run your faucet for approximately 5 minutes until the water runs clear.
Signs will be placed in the area we are working in each week.
For additional information or questions, log on to itsmymaitland.com or call Fire Administration at 407-539-6226.
A safety reminder from MFRD
With daylight saving time beginning on Sunday, March 13, the Maitland Fire Rescue Department reminds residents to replace the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Changing smoke alarm and CO detector batteries at least once a year, testing each alarm, and reminding others to do the same is the simplest, most effective way to help ensure the safety of your family, friends, and neighbors.