BREAKING NEWS: Transformer at Winter Park intersection catches fire

The fire took place at the intersection of Orlando Avenue and Lee Road.

  • By
  • | 7:37 p.m. May 12, 2018
  • Winter Park - Maitland Observer
  • News
  • Share

A fire at the top of an electrical pole sent sparks flying all over a sidewalk Saturday afternoon near the intersection of Orlando Avenue and Lee Road in Winter Park.

It all started when a car struck the pole moments earlier, Winter Park Director of Communications Clarissa Howard said. The fire caused one customer to lose power.

Footage from a bystander’s phone of the transformer fire showed cables flying wildly with loud popping sounds. 

The fire occurred near the Fleming’s Steakhouse at the intersection, and Winter Park firefighters quickly arrived on the scene to contain the flames.

This is an ongoing story and will be updated.


Related Articles

  • January 26, 2011
Red-light cameras up