Oakland dedicates Pollard Park
The morning of Saturday, June 16, was full of dedications and unveilings in the town of Oakland.
A crowd gathered under the new Willie Welch Pavilion for the dedication of Pollard Park, on West Hull Avenue, and the old Masonic Lodge cornerstone.
Pollard served as secretary of the Mount Herman Masonic Lodge No. 45.
The lodge, formerly located on Sadler Avenue, was erected in 1950, and Pollard was respected for his role in the lodge.
During the dedication of the park, the town unveiled the demolished lodge’s cornerstone, which was preserved and placed at the park’s south end.