Winter Park Diamond Dawgs
• General Manager: Mitchell Adams (1st season)
• Head Coach: Kevin Davidson (3rd season)
• Home Field: Harold Alfond StadiumHarper-Shepherd Field.
• 2013 Record: 27-13 (League champion)
• Returning Players: Orlando Rivera, 2B (University of Tampa); Devin Raftery, RHP (Nova Southeastern University); Evan Rivera, C (Rollins College); Justin Wall, OF (Dallas Baptist University); Casey Kopec, LHP (Nova Southeastern University); Brett Nizamoff, LHP (St. Leo University); AC Carter, C (Georgetown University); Alex Diese, LHP (St. Petersburg College).
• Key Additions: Matt Duce, C (Dallas Baptist University); Tagg Duce, IF/OF (Dallas Baptist University); Kyle Cavanaugh, 1B (North Carolina State); Matt Naylor, RHP (Daytona State); Stephan Dezzi, OF (University of Tampa); Ryan Valdes, RHP (State College of Florida); Trevin Sonnier, SS (Dallas Baptist University); Mike Reed, IF (Valdosta State).
• Local ties: Right-handed pitcher Nick Olson (Webber International University) attended Olympia High.
Sanford River Rats
• General Manager: Ken Kelly (1st season)
• Head Coach: Ken Kelly (3rd season)
• Home Field: Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium
• 2013 Record: 21-19 (lost to Leesburg twice in playoffs)
• Returning Players: Kenny Burkhead, OF/1B (Florida State University), Rock Rucker, RHP (Auburn University)
• Key Additions: Einar Muniz, IF (Alabama State University); Byron Ferguson, RHP (Bethune-Cookman University); Karsten Whitson, RHP (University of Florida); Jarrett Dehart, OF (Louisiana State University); Christian Dicks, OF (Tallahassee Community College).
• General Manager: John Brandeburg
• Head Coach and Director of Baseball Operations: David Therneau (4th Season)
• Home Field: Pat Thomas Stadium
• 2013 Record: 25-14 (League runner-up)
• Returning Players: David Wood, RHP (Lake-Sumter State College); Kuehl McEachern, RHP (Flagler College); Trey Norris, RHP (Stetson University); Colby Lusignan, INF (Santa Fe College); Frankie Sagarese, OF (Flagler College).
• Local Ties: Frankie Sagarese attended Ocoee High.
• What to Watch: In 2013, the Lightning made it to Tropicana Field to play the Winter Park Diamond Dawgs in the FCSL championship game. Therneau brings in a variety of new talent into the clubhouse including catcher/ pitcher Ryan Brinley, who had 42 strikeouts in 46 innings this spring for Sam Houston State. Among the other newcomers are Division I players Matt Manard from Baylor University, Matt Broadbent from Texas Tech and Hank Truluck from Florida State. The Lightning will play at historic Pat Thomas Stadium, which first opened its gates in 1937 and drew 24,000 fans during home games last season.
• General Manager: Theresa Brooks
• Head Coach: Rick Hall
• Home Field: Melching Field at Conrad Park
• 2013 Record: 16-21 (fifth place)
• Top Returnees: Christian Magno, OF (Florida Southern); Michael Patrick, OF (Winthrop); Jake Pequignot, OF (Stetson); Tyler Brooks (LaGrange); Nick Riley (Thomas).
• Key Newcomers: Thomas Belcher (Indiana); Austin Hays (Seminole State); Ramon Sanchez (Webber International); Walker Sheller (Lake Sumter).
• Local Ties: Ramon Sanchez played at Windermere Prep.
College Park Freedom
• General Manager: Jay Hatch
• Head Coach: Scott Makarewicz
• Home Field: Bishop Moore High
• 2013 Record: 10-30
• Returning Players: Ben Richardson, RHP (Florida Southern); Matthew Robinson, RHP (Columbia)
• Key Additions: Austin Hulsey, OF (Alabama A&M); Logan Spurlin, C (Northern Kentucky); Michael Hennessey, RHP (Lake-Sumter State College); Alex Young, OF (Sinclair CC); Matt Hendricks, IF/P (Rollins).
• Local Ties: Michael Hennessey, who is headed to High Point University after playing at Lake-Sumter, attended Olympia High. Davidson College freshman Jake Sidwell also went to Olympia, Philip Burket (Rollins College) played high school baseball for Central Florida Christian Academy and Jimmy Hodgskin is a Windermere resident who attended Bishop Moore High School.