Bike your way around Maitland
In late 2016, the city installed new bicycle-pedestrian trail signs. The signs direct bicyclists and pedestrians to local sites in the downtown Maitland area.
Trails 4, 4A, and 4B get bicyclists and pedestrians to Maitland Community Park, Dommerich Elementary School, and Maitland Middle School. The new trails connect the Dommerich neighborhood to Trail 5 along Horatio and Trail 3 over the pedestrian bridge at Mayo Avenue. A complete trail map can be found at itsmymaitland.com
Maitland Express turns 3
Maitland Express is having its third birthday. The first issue, April-May 2014, appeared as a utility bill insert in March 2014.
Birthdays are occasions for gifts. Maitland Express readers will have a chance to win a BPA-free Maitland water bottle. Email [email protected]tsmymaitland.com with answers to the following questions: What do you like about Maitland Express? How can Maitland Express improve? The winner will randomly be selected and will be contacted by email. Thank you, Maitland, for getting your municipal news from Maitland Express.
The City Council met on Monday at 6:30 p.m.
On presentation was scheduled:
• Healthy Central Florida Walkability/Bikeability
The consent agenda was approved as presented:
• Adoption of City Council Meeting Minutes of Jan. 23, 2017 6:30 PM
• Receipt of the Lakes Advisory Board Meeting Minutes of Dec. 6, 2016
• Receipt of the Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting Minutes of Sept. 15, 2016
• Receipt of the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board Meeting Minutes of Dec. 7, 2016
Decision items included:
• Appointments - South Seminole & North Orange County Wastewater Transmission Authority – one member and one alternate
• Petition No. 2016-04 (SUB) - 511 W. Maitland Blvd., Maitland Concourse North
The next City Council meeting is on Monday, Feb. 20.