Adam Haseley, a TFA alum, made his MLB debut Tuesday, June 4, in the Phillies’ game against the San Diego Padres.
1. In game two of the baseball super regional series against Auburn University Sunday, June 9, Carolina pitcher and Windermere Prep alum Austin Bergner had a solid day on the mound for the Tar Heels. Through 4.1 innings pitched, Bergner blanked the Tigers on the scoreboard, while giving up only four hits and striking out five. Carolina got the 2-0 win but lost in the series finale Monday, June 10.
2. During a softball tournament Friday, June 7, at the University of Tennessee — Chattanooga, Olivia Lipari of Windermere Wildfire 16U (Paulson) went off at the plate for her team. She went 3-for-6, with two homers on the day.
3. The Windermere Wildfire 18U (Pollock) team exploded on the offensive side of the ball in its 9-3 win over Lady Bombers Gold in the Diamond 9 College Showcase Saturday, June 8. The Wildfire lit up the scoreboard as the team would go yard three times in the game.
4. Adam Haseley, a TFA alum and centerfielder prospect in the Philadelphia Phillies farm system, made his MLB debut Tuesday, June 4, in the Phillies’ game against the San Diego Padres. In the game, Haseley went 1-for-6, walking once and bringing in a run on an RBI double to give the Phillies the lead in the eighth inning.
5. Youth football and cheer season is quickly approaching, and the Horizon West Wolverines are taking registration for the programs. Both programs offer five different divisions (from 8U to 14U), and practices will start toward the end of July. Registration ($250) runs through July 15; after July 15, the fee increases to $275. For more info, visit bit.ly/2IDXuvx.