Andrew Biscieglia is a realtor, a contractor, a dancer, a hockey player, a yogi, and a raw foodist.
He can be the man you call when you need your front-door lock fixed, or when you need a new ballroom dance partner.
When he was looking for a place to relocate to in Florida from his home in New Jersey six months ago, Biscieglia was immediately drawn to Baldwin Park. The community, he said, is filled with the kind of happy, healthy people he wanted to surround himself with. Seeing the bounds of residents biking and walking around the Lake Baldwin Trail sold him, he said.
“I knew the people around here would understand the way I choose to live,” he said.
Biscieglia calls himself a “flexible-terian,” eating raw 75 percent of the day, splurging the other 25 percent. He adapted to the diet when he noticed his body slowing down as he aged into his late 30s and early 40s.
“I said no way I’m doing that, I’m doing this my way.”
He started eating a diet of mostly fruits, started meditating and learning new sports. Now he feels in tip-top shape, and happily springs out of bed each morning on 4 to 5 hours of sleep.
“Unless I ate bad the day before,” he said with a laugh, “then it’s a little harder getting up.”
In his half-a-year in Baldwin Park he’s earned a reputation for rollerblading around Lake Baldwin, hockey stick in hand. He’s practicing for the time he spends on the ice each week playing hockey at the RDV in Maitland.
His Baldwin Park garage doubles as an office and a gym locker: a desk on one side, and shelves with equipment for nearly every sport imaginable on the other. Racquets for badminton share a bin with his glove and well-worn baseballs. The commingling of business and recreation are appropriate.
“I treat business like a sport,” he said.
Biscieglia is a handyman and a licensed realtor. He’s recently started his own home maintenance business called Domain Maintain, focused on Baldwin Park. As Baldwin Park homes start aging, he said, his aim is to be there to help with the little things, like fixing a loose gutter or changing a stubborn lock, basic maintenance.
“A lot of times people don’t even know what they’ve got until there’s a big problem and it gets very expensive,” he said.
Domain Maintain is the third in his triangle of businesses. First he’s a realtor, then he’s a property investor, and now he’s also a person who can help you fix up your property when things go wrong.
His ultimate goal, after business is done, is to put away enough money to open his own health-focused retreat, to help people feel better about themselves as they age.
“I want to help people recondition years of bad habits,” he said.
He did it, and now he’s more active than ever.
“I want other people to be able to feel that way too.”