With the arrival of the Easter holiday this Sunday, April 1, so comes the copious celebrations. This weekend, local municipalities and churches will put on a number of festivities such as Easter egg hunts, carnivals and other events for adults and children alike to enjoy. To help you find your way around the busy weekend, here are some events being put on around the Winter Park/Maitland area.
- The Easter Egg Hunt & Party will take place from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 31, at Crescent Park, 1913 Meeting Place, Orlando. There will be three separate hunt times for different ages, which include 0 to 2 years old at 10 a.m. (north side of park); 3 to 5 years old at 10 a.m. (north side); and 6 years and older at 10:10 a.m. (south side). Along with the more than 10,000 pre-stuffed eggs that will be up for grabs, there also will be an array of festivities, including face-painters, live music, and photo op with the Easter Bunny.
- Anchor Church will be hosting its first Easter at Anchor this Sunday, April 1, at Maitland Middle School, 1901 Choctaw Trail, Maitland. Starting at 10:15 a.m., the church will hold a special Easter service that will be followed by an Easter egg hunt for children up to 10 years old. With 5,000 Easter eggs on hand, kids will be sure to walk home with a basketful of goodies. There also will be a number of fun games and activities for the whole family.
- The Easter Egg Hunt & Carnival by Asbury United Methodist Church will take place from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 31, at Asbury United Methodist, 220 West Horatio Ave., Maitland. Along with an exciting Easter egg hunt, there also will be live music, a bounce house, carnival games, a petting zoo and a chance to get photos with the Easter Bunny.
- The city of Maitland will celebrate the upcoming holiday with its Hop to It! festivities, which will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 31, at Maitland Community Park, 1400 Mayo Ave., Maitland. The day’s activities will kick off with a family workout with Baby Boot Camp at 9 a.m., which will be followed by the egg hunt at 10:30 a.m. — kids also will get a chance to get a photo with the Easter Bunny at the same time. The fun doesn’t stop there — families also will be able to enjoy a fun variety of arts and crafts, as well as games.
- The city of Winter Park will celebrate the upcoming holiday with its 64th annual Easter Egg Hunt, which will be at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 31, in the west meadow of Central Park. The hunt itself will start at 10 a.m., and feature more than 14,000 Easter eggs that will be strewn about the park. Following the hunt, the “Easter Kid’s Zone” will feature activities.
- Living HOPE Fellowship will be putting on their Easter Celebration from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1, at Living HOPE Fellowship, 4500 Dike Road, Winter Park. Starting at 11 a.m. the church will hold an Easter service, and then children ages 2 through 12 will get to enjoy a fun Easter egg hunt.
- Journey Church in Winter Park will put on its own Easter egg hunt from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1, at Winter Park High School, 2100 Summerfield Road, Winter Park. The morning will start with a service at 11 a.m., and will then be followed 30 minutes later by an egg hunt. Register children online at bit.ly/2GbU3Oq.