- June 3, 2020
The town of Oakland is offering eligible residents relief on their utility bills due to the COVID-19 pandemic. An anonymous donor has made this program possible.
The COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program will help offset a portion or all of customers’ water, wastewater and garbage bills.
Residents must meet the criteria and submit an application. The town will reduce utility bills by up to $80. Once the initial utility reduction is made, new applicants will be a priority so the town can assist as many affected residents as possible.
This assistance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to funding availability.
The following guidelines must be met to receive assistance:
• The applicant must have recently had a break in employment (through a layoff, furlough or temporary displacement) due to COVID-19.
• The applicant must be a residential utility customer of the town of Oakland.
• The property’s water/wastewater service must be through the town of Oakland.
• The property served must be occupied and used by the applicant as his or her principal residence during the period for which a reduced rate is applied.
• The applicant must not be delinquent in any utility payment owed to the town.
The applicant must complete a written application for the Town of Oakland COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program and must provide a copy of a notice for Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Benefits) filed through the state of Florida.
The application form can be found online at oaklandfl.gov/922/COVID-19-Utility-Assistance-Program. Printed forms are also available in the flyer box outside Town Hall, 230 N. Tubb St.
Completed and signed applications can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected], placed in the side door mail slot at Town Hall or in the town of Oakland drop box at Town Center Circle.