- March 3, 2020
1. In West Orange softball’s dominating 14-0 win over Edgewater Friday, April 9, freshman outfielder Katie Eversen had a big outing at the plate. She went 3-for-3 with a single, two doubles and four RBIs for the Warriors. In the circle, freshmen Lily Barone and Hailey Seymour threw for a combined one-hitter, with Seymour getting the win.
2. The First Academy’s Bella Brown was dominant at both the plate and in the circle for the Royals during a 15-0 win over Jones Friday, April 9. At the plate, Brown went 2-for-2 and record five RBIs, while pitching two innings and racking up six strikeouts. Teammates Rachel Sheridan and Bella Reed each had a hit for the Royals. The win moved the Royals to 11-5 on the season.
3. It was a good day for the West Orange boys volleyball team Thursday, April 8, as the Warriors dispatched rival Dr. Phillips (8-4) in a 3-1 (18-25, 25-17, 25-21, 25-14) win. In the win, Michael Housman led the team with 36 assists, while Mile Manwaring recorded 22 kills. Mike McCalister also notched 15 kills for the Warriors (10-2).
4. The West Orange High junior varsity football team won its first game of the season Wednesday, April 7, in a 9-7 victory over Apopka. In the win, Logan Turner recorded the Warriors’ lone touchdown, which was capped by an extra point by Dylan Rapport. On the defensive side, Jamareus Willis recorded a safety to help lead the Warriors to victory.
5. Despite Windermere Prep’s 15-9 loss at the hands of Olympia in boys lacrosse Wednesday, April 7, eighth-grader Broden Dold had a big showing for the Lakers. He picked up a team-high six goals while recording two assists. Meanwhile, sophomore Jackson Bennett led the team in assists with five on the night.