On January 10, the City of Winter Park hosted a ceremony to unveil its latest green initiative - six electric car charging stations. The unveiling ceremony took place at the electric car charging station located at 120 Garfield Avenue. Several electric cars currently available on the market were on display, and residents and visitors were invited to charge their car for FREE at any of the six new locations:
- Winter Park Public Safety Facility, 325 West Canton Avenue
- North of Central Park, 120 Garfield Avenue
- Municipal Parking Lot A, 110 North New York Avenue (adjacent to the Amtrak Station)
- Winter Park City Hall, 401 Park Avenue South
- Azalea Lane Tennis Complex, 1045 Azalea Lane
- Hannibal Square Heritage Center, 642 New England Avenue
*Other electric car charging stations are located at the Best Western Mt. Vernon Inn at 110 South Orlando Avenue, and Winter Park AAA at 783 South Orlando Avenue.
The new electric car charging stations support the city’s commitment to being a Green Local Government. In 2008, the City Commission passed a resolution to “Pursue Measures to Become a Florida Green Local Government,” using criteria and standards developed by the Florida Green Building Coalition.
For additional information, please visit the following websites:
• ChargePoint America Program www.chargepointamerica.com
• WattNext www.wattnext.net
• City of Winter Park www.cityofwinterpark.org
Visit the city’s official website at www.cityofwinterpark.org, find us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.