Did you know?
· Researchers have found that women who walked at least 1.5 hours per week had significantly better cognitive function than women who walked less than 40 minutes a week.
· Walking can help decrease the risk of heart attack, decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, and can even reduce the risk of bone fracture.
· Brisk walking can reduce stress and depression levels as well as improve cancer survival rates.
· Walking helps prevent osteoporosis.
· Research shows that postmenopausal women who walk around one mile per day each day have higher whole-body bone density than women who walk less.
· Walking reduces the risk of both breast and colon cancer.
Join us for a Healthy Central Florida-sponsored walk in Winter Park, Maitland and/or Eatonville.
All walks are 30 minutes long and walkers of all ages and abilities are encouraged to attend. Afterwards, enjoy friendly conversation as you get to know your neighbors.
You’ll meet some really nice people, see our gorgeous community in a new light, reap health benefits, and best of all it’s free!
Winter Park Public Library – Tuesdays 7 a.m. – 460 E. New England Ave.
Walk with a Doc - Thursdays 6 p.m. – Crosby YMCA – 2005 Mizell Ave.
Winter Park Chamber of Commerce – Fridays 10 a.m. – 151 W. Lyman Ave.
Maitland Public Library – Thursdays 6:30 a.m. – 501 S. Maitland Ave.
Hungerford Prep Cafeteria – Monday & Wednesdays 7 a.m. – 100 E. Kennedy Blvd.