Orange County School Board members are set to vote Tuesday, June 25, on whether to approve 2019-20 salary increases, bonus payments and revised salary structures for administrators and staff.
On Monday, June 24, Orange County Public Schools posted on its website that the Orange County Classroom Teachers Association and the District Collaborative Bargaining Leadership Team reached a tentative agreement. This agreement covers salary, benefits, bonuses and working conditions for the 2019-20 school year.
The tentative agreement includes the following compensation and bonus changes, according to OCPS:
- Salary offer represents a 4% increase to payroll
- All teachers will receive a $500 cost of living (COLA) increase to their base salary
- Teachers with a 2018-19 evaluation rating of “highly effective” (approximately 83.49% of teachers) will receive a $1,525 salary increase in addition to the $500 COLA
- Teachers with a 2018-19 evaluation rating of “effective” (approximately 12.16%) will receive a $1,125 salary increase in addition to the $500 COLA
- Beginning teacher salary will increase to $40,500
- Instructional personnel employed on or before Oct. 11, 2019, will receive a one-time $500 lump sum bonus
While the school board will vote on the approval of the offer accepted by the CTA, all 14,000 teachers will then have the opportunity to vote on the ratification of raises, benefit changes and working conditions.
For more information on the details of the agreement, click here.