The Orange County School Board offered a new salary proposal Wednesday during bargaining with the Orange County Classroom Teachers Association.
That offer to the CTA for teacher compensation and benefits for the 2019-20 school year includes an average 6% increase in annual salary — the highest salary increase among school districts in Central Florida, according to a press release from Orange County Public Schools.
The offer details are as follows:
- Teachers rated “Highly Effective” will receive a $3,000 annual salary increase.
- Teachers rated “Effective” will receive a $2,400 annual salary increase.
- The district will pay half the cost of the insurance increase for all employees in the first year (through January 2020).
- The proposal is a two-year deal with the full 6% increase upfront.
- The estimated retro pay back to first duty-day would include $1,071 (gross) for “Highly Effective” and $857 (gross) for “Effective” in their December paycheck.