The March 17 City Commission will be broadcast live on Ocoee TV, and residents can participation by phone or email.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the city of Ocoee has rescheduled or canceled a number of public events set for the next few weeks:
• March 24 Code Enforcement Board meeting is canceled. Cases will be continued to April 28.
• March 26 Police Citizen Advisory Council meeting is canceled.
• March 26 Best Fest, hosted by the West Orange Chamber of Commerce, has been postponed to Oct. 8, 2020.
• March 28 Spring Fling has been postponed with the new date to be determined.
• April 2 Human Relations Diversity Board meeting is canceled.
• April 8 Ocoee Youth Council meeting is canceled.
• April 9 Ocoee Lakeshore Center Grand Re-Opening ceremony has been postponed to a future date to be determined.
• April 11 Easter Eggstravaganza is canceled.
The March 14 Shred to Protect event at the Ocoee Police Headquarters will be held as scheduled.
The March 17 City Commission meeting will be held with an opportunity for public participation by telephone and email. The meeting will be broadcast live with on-screen instructions regarding how the public can participate from home. City Hall will not be open.
In addition to these public event changes, the city requests your cooperation in reducing the need for trips to City Hall, particularly by limiting the number of payments made at the utility billing counter.
“We understand this may cause a delay in making your payment; therefore, we are postponing the cut-off date for the month of March so that you have ample time to use one of our many payment methods,” the city said in a statement.
Customers can pay by credit card online or by phone for a small convenience fee, or by check via US Mail or at the parking lot drop box. The city soon will have a drop box in the City Hall lobby that will accept cash payments. The city has taken additional measures to protect staff and customers if anyone must pay in person.
For more information, go to ocoee.org or call (407) 905-3100. Residents can sign up for notification emails at the website.