1. Windermere Prep is hosting a Special Olympics basketball clinic this Saturday, Nov. 23, in the gymnasium on campus. From 9 to 11 a.m., participants ages 8 and up will get to take in drills and learn the ins-and-outs of the game. To RSVP, contact [email protected].
2. The Windermere High boys swim team had a top-10 showing during the Class 4A state finals at Sailfish Splashpark Aquatic Athletics Center in Stuart Friday, Nov. 15. The Wolverines’ ninth-place finish was thanks in part to a strong showing from Reef Ide, who finished second in the 100 butterfly (49.19) and second in the 100 backstroke (50.50). Ethan Sido would finish 15th in the 100 backstroke (54.25), while Tristan Ide finished sixth in the 100 breaststroke (57.77). Windermere also would finish sixth in the 200 medley relay (1:35.27) and ninth in the 400 free relay (3:10.16)
3. In West Orange boys soccer’s 1-0 win over Timber Creek Monday, Nov. 11, goalie Noah Schwarz picked up his first career varsity shutout as he recorded five saves to keep the Wolves off the board. The win moves the Warriors to 1-0 on the season.
4. The Windermere Go Pro Academy 11U Eagles baseball team has been on a tear the last few months, as the Eagles won the Perfect Game Tournament in Sanford — going 4-0 — over teams from Jacksonville and Tampa the weekend of September 20-22. The Eagles followed up that perfect showing with a second-place finish at the USSSA War on I-4 Tournament — which took place Saturday, Nov. 2, to Sunday, Nov. 3.
5. It was a big day for the Holy Family Catholic School’s boys JV soccer team and girls JV basketball team as they both won the Orlando Catholic School’s Diocese Cup in their respective sports Wednesday, Oct. 23. Both teams not only finished as champions, but also also went undefeated during their seasons, as well.