1. The First Academy (281,282: 563) finished No. 1 in the Honda Classic High School Invitational at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens Saturday, Oct. 12. The Royals were led by Taylor Zeng (70, 69: 139), who won a playoff on the first hole against teammate Cissy Yang (68,71: 139), who finished in second place. Meanwhile, Ariel Yu finished tied for No. 3 overall (69, 71: 140), while Olivia Lu (70, 75: 145) and Teresa Zhuang (74, 71: 145) tied for ninth. Ava Zeng (68, 78: 146) rounded out the group with an 11th-place finish.
2. In Foundation Academy’s 56-35 loss at the hands of University Christian Friday, Oct. 11, quarterback Henry Austad led the way for the Lions by throwing for 281 yards and two touchdowns, while running for 26 yards and one touchdown. Both of Austad’s passing touchdowns fell to receiver Danny Stutsman, who also hauled in 131 yards.
3. Multiple Panthers had big games in Dr. Phillips’ 3-1 victory over Trinity Prep on the volleyball court Thursday, Oct. 10. Junior setter Olivia Osuna recorded a whopping 55 assists, two aces and eight digs, while senior defensive specialist/libero Carolina Davis had 37 digs. Alicia and Marika Virtue would combine for 30 kills (Alicia with 16, and Marika with 14) — Alicia also had 24 digs.
4. In Ocoee volleyball’s 3-2 loss to Legacy Charter on the court Thursday, Oct. 10, middle blocker/outside hitter Zarina London led the Knights with 27 kills, two aces and 12 digs on the night. Senior defensive specialist/libero Mallory Farley had 28 digs and two kills, while defensive specialist/libero/outside hitter Gabriela Perez had 12 digs and seven aces.
5. The West Orange boys bowling team dominated Evans 2,135-1,060 Tuesday, Oct. 8. The Warriors were led by Clintz Vital, who tossed a game-high 198 to help lead his team to 10-2 on the season. Meanwhile, the girls bowling team strolled to a 1,505-1,123 win, as well, with Camryn James rolling a game-high 144 to push the Warriors to their sixth win of the season (6-6).