- May 1, 2019
1. In Olympia baseball’s 10-0 thrashing of Osceola on the diamond Saturday, Feb. 22, junior catcher Mason Wilson led the way for the Titans; he went 2-for-4 at the plate with three RBI. The Titans (3-0) also got a big night from senior outfielder/pitcher, who hit a home run and three RBI. The win moved the Titans to 3-0 on the season.
2. The Dr. Phillips softball team dominated Jones in a shortened game. The Panthers won 19-3 in five innings of play Thursday, Feb. 20. The Panthers (2-0) enjoyed big nights from a handful of players, including Jordan Hartman — who went 2-for-3 in four plate appearances, with three RBI and one run. Cassidy Mills added two RBI on 3-for-4 hitting while also accounting for two runs.
3. In Foundation Academy baseball’s 11-1 win over CFCA in just five innings, the Lions saw an impressive performance from freshman Braden Holcomb. He went 3-for-4 with a double, triple, two runs and two RBI in the victory. Sophomore Tyler Pilson added an RBI on a 2-for-2 night for the Lions (2-0).
4. After beating Osceola to claim the district title on Valentine’s Day, the Windermere boys basketball team continued its strong season as the Wolverines pushed past Osceola in a 69-55 win in the Class 7A, Region 2 quarterfinals Thursday, Feb. 20. Junior guard Kanye Jones led the way for the Wolverines with 22 points on the night, while junior point guard Trey Moss picked up 20 points. The win moved Windermere to 20-8 on the season.
5. In West Orange High baseball’s 18-0 win over Wekiva Wednesday, Feb. 19, the Warriors saw a plethora of offense; 10 players picked up at least one RBI. Ricky Reeth and Maxx Moya led the way for the Warriors with two RBI apiece — Reeth went 1-for-1 and accounted for three runs, while Moya went 2-for-2 and accounted for one run.