- March 12, 2020
1. In Foundation Academy baseball’s 19-1 thrashing of Jones Thursday, March 5, eighth-grader Jonathan Bosque had a big day at the plate. He went 3-for-3 with a double and four RBIs for the Lions. On the mound the Lions (4-2) got a combined no-hitter by Aiden Earl, Gray Fitzpatrick and Parker Moss. Moss pitched two innings to pick up the win.
2. The West Orange boys lacrosse team dominated in its 18-0 victory over Ocoee Thursday, March 5. The Warriors (8-0) were led by sophomore Justin Burbano, who scored a game-high four goals. Freshman Dawson Johns would add on two goals and four assists, while senior Logan Odier tacked on three goals.
3. In a top matchup between Olympia and Windermere on the baseball diamond, the Titans (5-1) walked away with a 6-2 win Wednesday, March 4, thanks in large part to a strong pitching performance from Mitchell Harding — who gave up only two runs during 5 1/3 innings pitched with five strikeouts. At the plate, the Titans saw five different players score an RBI apiece.
4. The Olympia girls tennis team (9-1) took care of business against Dr. Phillips Wednesday, March 4, with a 6-1 victory over the Panthers. The Titans were led by Aubrey Barnes, who at No. 1 singles defeated Juliana Gomes 8-1. The Panthers lone win came when Nicole Cardenas — No. 2 singles — defeated Lizzie Connor 8-2.
5. In the Dr. Phillips softball team’s dominant 16-1 mercy-ruled win over Poinciana Tuesday, March 3, the Panthers (5-4) saw big bats from Aliyah Headen, Riley Jackson and Alyssa Hans. Headen finished the day scoring three runs and went 1-for-3 at the plate with two RBIs. Jackson went 1-for-1 with two RBIs. Hans added on one run herself, and went 1-for-2 with one RBI.