- September 18, 2019
1. In CFCA football’s dominating 68-0 win over First Academy-Leesburg Friday, Sept. 18, senior Wilkerson St. Juste picked up an earth-shattering six rushing touchdowns on the night — accounting for 36 of the Eagles’ 68 points. The win pushed CFCA to 1-1, and the Eagles will return to play against Trinity Christian Academy on Friday, Sept. 25.
2. The Legacy Charter football team moved to 2-0 on the young season with a 29-6 win over Eagle’s View Friday, Sept. 18. The Eagles’ defense stifled the Warriors and was led by senior Wyatt Powell, who picked up 11 tackles, one sack and four tackles for loss.
3. In the first Citrus League Invitational at The Ritz Carlton golf tournament Wednesday, Sept. 16, The First Academy’s Bridget Ma took home first place, with a score of 72 (E). Ma’s performance, alongside a strong showing from the team as a whole, pushed the Royals to a first-place finish with 295 points. Windermere Prep came in second, with its highest finisher being seventh-grader Angela Wang, who shot a 76 (+4) and finished tied for fifth place.
4. The First Academy’s Mohit Balaji shot a 68 (-4) to claim a share of the overall boys golf title at the Citrus League Invitational at The Ritz Carlton golf tournament Wednesday, Sept. 16. The Royals finished in second place behind Bishop Moore Catholic.
5. The Dr. Phillips volleyball team put in work against rival West Orange in a 3-0 (25-13, 25-13, 25-21) sweep of the Warriors Tuesday, Sept. 15. Leading the way for the Panthers was senior setter Olivia Osuna, who recorded a game high 38 assists. Senior right-side hitter Alicia Virthe added 14 kills and five digs. The Panthers followed up their win with a 3-0 victory over University.