1. The West Orange Wildcats youth cheer program picked up a big honor Sunday, Dec. 6, at the Pop Warner National Cheer & Dance Championship at the Orange County Convention Center. The Wildcats Jr. Pee Wee team picked up the title in the YCADA PW 1 Non-Mount Cheer Junior Pee Wee Small Division, while the Wildcats Varsity team picked up the title in the YCADA PW 1 Non-Mount Cheer Varsity Small Division. Lastly, the Wildcats Jr. Pee Wee team placed second for the YCADA PW Dance Theme Dance Division on Monday, Dec. 7.
2. Windermere Prep girls basketball head coach Radhika Miller — in her first year with the program — earned her 200th victory as a head coach in the Lakers’ 37-32 win over Trinity Prep Friday, Dec. 4. The victory helped push the Lakers to a 3-1 start to the 2020-21 season.
3. In the Foundation Academy girls soccer team’s 8-0 thrashing of Jones Friday, Dec. 4, Samantha Wall went off for four goals on the night to lead the Lions to victory. Teammate Alyvia Clark added two goals and an assist, while Avery Bangsund and Islanda Remy each had one goal and one assist.
4. Jamar Houston had a solid showing in the CFCA boys basketball team’s 76-67 win over Winter Park at the Rotary Tip-Off Classic Thursday, Dec. 3. The junior picked up 23 points, six rebounds and three blocked shots for the Eagles in a quarterfinal win. The Eagles eventually fell to Edgewater before beating West Orange in the third-place game.
5. In West Orange boys basketball’s 65-54 win over Mainland in the Rotary Tip-Off Classic Wednesday, Dec. 2, senior Mike McCalister picked up a double-double for the Warriors — scoring 17 points and grabbing 16 rebounds in the winning effort.