The town of Oakland has opened its playgrounds in accordance with Orange County Parks and Recreation's opening of playgrounds.
Pollard and Speer Park playgrounds are now open, but the town has issued the following guidelines to help lower the risk of spreading the coronavirus:
• A maximum of 10 children are allowed on the playground at one time.
• Visitors should maintain social distancing.
• Visitors should wash and / or sanitize their hands before and after use.
• Masks are strongly recommended.
• Families should follow CDC recommendations for park visits.
"The town of Oakland is thrilled to reopen playgrounds for area children with safety precautions and proper signage in place," Town Manager Steve Koontz said. "We ask that families follow the CDC's guidelines regarding social distancing and hygiene to ensure our community can safely play outdoors in our public spaces."
The town will continue existing cleaning and hygiene practices for outdoor areas. Visitors should be aware that surfaces might only be clean for the immediate period until touched by another child.
Anyone with questions can call Town Hall at (407) 656-1117.