1. The West Orange High School boys baseball team went off on Evans High Wednesday, March 10, and cruised to a 14-0 win. Eight different Warriors batters notched at lease one hit against the Trojans. Junior Max McClusky was particularly effective, with two runs and 3 RBI. Senior Ricky Reeth, junior A.J. Cullen, and sophomores Michael DeGeorge and A.J. Goytia also all had multi-run days.
2. The Windermere girls softball team earned a 4-3 win over East Ridge in extra innings Thursday, March 11. Following Spring Break, the Wolverines will host Wekiva at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 24, followed by a road game at Apopka at 7 p.m. Friday, March 26.
3. Despite a huge fifth inning, the Windermere Prep boys baseball team couldn’t complete the comeback in a 8-10 loss to Orangewood Christian Friday, March 12. The Lakers were scheduled to take on Windermere High at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 16, after press time. They then will face The First Academy at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 23.
4. The Olympia High girls water polo team maintained its winning ways with a 15-11 win over Lake Brantley Saturday, March 13. With the win, the Titans improved to 9-1 overall and 2-0 in the district. Olympia will take on Boone at 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 23.
5. The First Academy baseball team’s undefeated record fell as it lost a hard-fought game against Bishop Moore, 5-4, Saturday, March 13. Juniors Riley Parker and Tyler Rondon, and sophomores Trent Kelly and Jayden Bastian all scored runs for the Royals. The First Academy was scheduled to face Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville) Wednesday, March 17, after press time.