- October 7, 2020
1. The Ocoee boys and girls track and field teams enjoyed success at the Raymond Gaines Silverhawk Invitational Saturday, March 27. The boys team finished second overall, with wins in the 1600-meter relay (Cooper III, Garcon, White, Smith), 800-meter run (Kamari Garcon), shot put (Dylan Wade) and javelin (Dylan Horne). Meanwhile, the girls finished third overall with wins by Ma’Kala Davis in the long jump and triple jump, and Miracle Johnson in the 400-meter run.
2. It was a busy day for local boys track and field teams at the Tohopekaliga Invitational Saturday, March 27. Windermere (No. 3), Dr. Phillips (No. 6) and Olympia (No. 8) all finished in the top 10, while West Orange picked an 18th-place finish. Individual winners included Jack Baldauf (WO) in the 1600-meter run, De’Andre Robinson (Olympia) in the shot put and discus, Ryan Flournoy (Windermere) in the javelin, and a team win for Windermere in the 1600-meter relay (Hill, Limon, Todd, Delgado-Mendez).
3. The Olympia boys and girls water polo teams walked away with solid outings during their games Saturday, March 27. The boys walked away with a 20-7 win over Lake Mary and a 15-8 win over Seminole, with Coby Scanlon scoring six goals in the game against the Seminoles. On the girls side, a 10-3 win over Lake Mary was spurred on by a four-goal outing for Amanda Hudson.
4. Windermere Prep’s Gracie Wallace could not have played better in the circle for the Lakers in their 15-0 win over Foundation Academy Friday, March 26. Wallace threw a perfect game and recorded a whopping 16 strikeouts. At the plate, Madison Workman (3-for-3, four RBIs) led the way.
5. Ailey Schyck had a field day in West Orange softball’s 11-6 win over Olympia Friday, March 26, as she went 4-for-4 with two singles, two home runs and three RBIs for the Warriors.