- July 23, 2019
1. Dr. Phillips High School added a new member to its coaching staff, as Jerry Updike was named the new head coach of the boys varsity golf team Wednesday, July 24.
2. The Rosen Jewish Community Center will be putting on its pop squad camp from Aug. 5 to 9. The camp will teach campers (first through eighth grades) dance, cheers and other aspects of cheerleading. Tuition is $230, or $205 for JCC members. For more information go to rosenjcc.org.
3. Dr. P. Phillips YMCA will be putting on its last basketball summer camp of the year next week from Aug. 5 to 9. The camp is for children in fourth through sixth grades, and will teach campers the basic fundamentals of basketball, including dribbling, shooting, defense and passing. Tuition is $185 for members and $310 for non-members. For more information email [email protected]
4. The Gilchrist Golf Academy summer camp is going into its last weekly session (Aug. 5 to 10) next week. The camp, held at Mission Inn Resort & Club in Howey-In-The-Hills, provides an interactive learning environment for junior golfers to learn how to improve their golf game. For more information contact (866) 639-9099.
5. Dr. P. Phillips YMCA will be putting on its final multi-sport summer camp next week from Aug. 5 to 9. The camp is for children in first through third grades, and campers will get the chance to enjoy flag football, soccer, basketball and other fun sports. Tuition is $185 for members and $310 for non-members. For more information email [email protected]