- November 12, 2020
1. The Windermere boys cross country team had a good showing at the Florida Horse Park Invite Saturday, Sept. 7. The Wolverines finished in third place and were led by top-10 finishes by Onix Ortiz (eighth place, 16:18.1) and Liam Pirie (ninth place, 16:20.0). Noah Ellenback (23rd, 16:45.1), Noah Siegel (44th, 17:04.0) and Carter Rowe (45th, 17:05.2) followed suit and finished in the top 50 for the Wolverines.
2. The Olympia boys and girls cross country teams had top-10 finishes Saturday, Sept. 7, at the Astronaut Invitational in Titusville. The girls finished in ninth place and were led by top runners Alice Flament (21:28), Morgan Weber (22:16), Abby Misch (new personal record of 22:35), Chloe Gordon (23:11) and Emma Dahlgren (24:29). The boys also finished in ninth and were led by Kai Komatsu (17:39), Cristian Sterling (a new personal record of 17:56), Lucas Dvorak (new personal record of 18:03), Andres Cubillos (18:10) and freshman TJ Fritts (new personal record of 18:26).
3. TFA went off at the Central Florida Tournament of Champions meet Saturday, Sept. 7, at Victoria Hills Country Club in DeLand, as the Royals finished in first place — 27 strokes ahead of runner-up Lake Mary. Senior Ariel Yu led the way for the Royals by shooting 3-under-par (69). Fellow senior Teresa Zhuang finished in third with a 72.
4. In TFA’s 3-0 blanking of The Master’s Academy in volleyball Thursday, Sept. 5, Margaret Edwards racked up seven kills and four blocks to lead the Royals to their third win of the season.
5. In Windermere Prep’s 3-0 victory over Ocoee Thursday, Sept. 5, the Lakers saw big nights from Natalie Work, Caterina Camilli and Cayman Scaletta. Work picked up 15 kills, while Camilli tacked on six kills of her own. Meanwhile, Scaletta picked up a whopping 30 assists to help lead the Lakers to their second win of the season.