1. West Orange boys cross country took to the course at the Astronaut Invitational Saturday, Sept. 7, and finished in 11th place — just ahead of Lake Minneola. Colton Berquist, who finished with a time of 16:41.26, led the Warriors.
2. Foundation Academy quarterback Henry Austad exploded in the Lions’ 40-19 win over Bradenton Christian. He tossed for 379 yards and four touchdowns in the victory. Austad also picked up a touchdown and 58 yards on the ground. Danny Stutsman contributed in all three phases of the game. He recorded two receiving touchdowns and 99 yards receiving on offense, as well as 15 tackles, a blocked punt and a forced fumble on defense/special teams.
3. In West Orange volleyball’s 3-1 win over Apopka Thursday, Sept. 5, the Warriors saw big nights across the board. Freshman Madison Smith finished the night with 17 kills, five assists and 13 digs, while junior Tristan Tucci had two assists and 37 digs. Cambrie Riffe added 16 kills, one block and 11 digs. The win moved the Warriors to 9-2 on the season.
4. Despite Ocoee’s 3-0 loss at the hands of Windermere Prep on the volleyball court Thursday, Sept. 5, senior Zarina London led the Knights with three kills, one block and eight digs. The loss dropped the Knights to 1-3 on the year.
5. In Foundation Academy’s 3-1 win over All Saints Academy in volleyball Thursday, Sept. 5, multiple Lions had impressive nights. Junior Alina Almonte-O’Neill had 36 assists, seven digs and six aces, while senior Kayla Richard had 21 kills and 20 digs. Senior Maddy Seip added 12 kills and 21 digs.