- September 14, 2018
1. In Legacy Charter’s 3-0 sweep of CFCA in girls volleyball Thursday, Sept. 12, junior Kaitlyn Ramsdale led the Eagles with 15 kills, four aces and four digs. Senior Christina Boyce picked up 18 assists, four digs, five aces and four kills, while fellow senior Ava Tewson added 11 digs herself. The win moved the Eagles to a perfect 8-0 on the season.
2. Despite Ocoee falling 2233-2128 to Trinity Prep in its first bowling match of the year Wednesday, Sept. 11, Ryan Pedigo had a strong showing. The senior bowled a game-high 200 for the Knights in the loss. The Knights’ original opening-season match was canceled with the arrival of Hurricane Dorian. The Knights followed the loss with a match against Lake Wales Wednesday, Sept. 18, after press time.
3. In the West Orange girls bowling team’s 1653-1593 loss to Olympia Wednesday, Sept. 11, Kim Hamilton bowled for a game-high 180 for the Warriors in the loss.
4. The West Orange boys swim team dominated in its 119-51 win over Timber Creek Wednesday, Sept. 11. James Oakes took home first place in both the 100 backstroke and 100 freestyle, while freshman Cooper Carrasco finished with a time of 6:32.00 in the 500 freestyle to set a personal record. The win moved the Warriors to 4-1 on the season.
5. Foundation Academy participated in its first swim meet in a tri-meet against Mt. Dora and Tavares Tuesday, Sept. 10. For the boys side, the Lions finished in third and were led by Gabriel Carr, who finished in third place in the 50 and 100 free, while Quin Sundermeyer placed third in the 100 breaststroke. In the girls’ third-place finish, Katie Hoenstine won the 100 fly, while Emma Sundermeyer won the 500 freestyle. The Lions also took second in six other events — 200 medley relay, 200 IM (Emma Sundermeyer), 50 free (Hannah Herbert), 100 free (Abbey Cooper), 100 backstroke (Katie Hoenstine) and 400 free relay.