1. Lake Buena Vista High released information about the sports passes for the 2022-23 academic year. Passes will provide admission to all home sports events. Family pass is $150 and admits four people, adult pass is $75 and student pass is $50. For more information, visit lakebuenavistahsathletics.com.
2. The Windermere High School football team is working on developing the character of the young athletes on the team. On Friday, July 22, the team spent the day serving at the Southeastern Food Bank to learn about the importance of serving the community. Head football coach Riki Smith said, “I was very proud of our players on Friday morning.”
3. The Windermere Wildfire 16U softball team was named USA Softball Nationals Champions, ending with an overall score of 6-1 after defeating the Atlanta Vipers Hargrave, which had an overall 6-2 score.
4. Windermere Prep’s strength and conditioning program was recognized recently by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as the winner for the Strength of America Award. The program was also recognized by the national High School Strength Coaches Association as a Program of Excellence. The Lakers are one of seven schools in the country being recognized with both.
5. The First Academy announced Adrienne Pilz as its new 2022-23 middle school physical education and varsity cheer coach.